1. Regulation of neonatal heart development and regeneration by non-coding RNAs.
2. The role of DNA methylation in heart development and regeneration.
3. Developing novel tools for therapeutic modulation of microRNAs.
4. Developing novel tools for cardiomyocyte cell cycle analysis.
5. Modelling human heart development and disease using induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells.
*Projects in the Laboratory for Cardiac Regeneration could involve potential collaborative links with investigators at UT Southwestern Medical Center (USA), Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute (Melbourne) and the Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (AIBN, UQ).