Student projects - Molecular and cellular pharmacology
1. Induction of sulfotransferases in human neuronal cells role in dopamine toxicity.
2. Acetylation of cellular sirtulin deacetylases as a drug target in cancer.
3. Role of sulfotransferases in dopamine metabolism in the cellular regulation and induction.
4. Binding of lung surfactant proteins to nanoparticles and their role in recognition but macrophages.
1. Unravelling risks in Parkinsons disease - Pharmacogenetics of brain sulfotransferases involved in dopamine metabolism.
2. Transcriptional regulation of sulfotransferases implicated in neurodegenerative disease.
3. Arylamine N-acetyltransferases are central to cancer cell survival via protein acetylation/deacetylation homeostasis.
4. Metabolic profiling of cancer cells following arylamine N-acetyltransferase inhibition pathways to cell growth and survival.
5. Transcytosis of nanoparticles across cell barriers role of receptor binding and internalisation.
6. Mapping the binding of intracellular proteins to engineered nanoparticles.