Biomedical science at UQ
Studying biomedical science provides a pathway to exciting career opportunities in medicine and industry as well as more advanced study, research and collaboration abroad.
Learn foundation and specialised knowledge in how the human body works, what goes wrong in disease and how to apply this knowledge to develop new treatments.
Our award-winning lecturers teach over 14,000 students annually at UQ across science, health and medical programs. Our teaching is based on the latest research developments to make sure you graduate with modern skills, knowledge and understanding.
- See the courses that we teach into
- Visit our student support page for current students
- Visit the Scholarships website
Why study with us
Study Biomedical Science at UQ and you can:
- learn from award-winning lecturers and the highest quality tutors in biomedical science in Australia
- study alongside Queensland’s top students and other high-achieving students from around Australia and the world
- use our state-of-the-art labs and resources.
You will also have the option to pursue a dual degree or a concurrent diploma to balance your intellectual stimulation and design your own career.
What our students say
Studying Biomedical Sciences at UQ opens opportunities to study a wide range of postgraduate degrees, as well as studying and collaborating abroad. The range of topics available for study allowed me to tailor my degree and focus on my interests, while preparing for future prospects.
I am happy to say that UQ has given me the drive and skills that I needed to further my career in science, and in the future I will move towards utilising my degree in genetics and neuroscience, hopefully one day applying what I have learnt to clinical research.Lucy, UQ Biomedical Science Student
Read what other biomedical science students and graduates have to say about their study and careers.