Honours research scholarship recipient announced

31 Jan 2019
LMU Honours Scholarship recipient,
Amy Burrell

The School of Biomedical Sciences and Faculty of Medicine are proud to announce that Amy Burrell has received a scholarship to undertake Honours research in Germany in 2019.

Amy will join Professor Dr Wolfgang Enard's biomedical research laboratory at the Munich Centre for NeuroSciences at Ludwig Maximilian University (LMU) for 6 months from March to August and then return to UQ to complete her Honours program.

Amy said working at one of Europe’s premier academic research institutions was an opportunity of a lifetime.

“Over the past year, I have developed a keen interest in human genomics while working in the Program in Complex Trait Genomics laboratory at IMB, and I am now eager to broaden my knowledge and laboratory skills in areas of research concerned with the evolutionary and functional aspects of human genomics.

“I look forward to experiencing the rich cultural and historical aspects of Munich, improving my German, and making new friends along the way and am very thankful that SBMS has provided me with the opportunity to study abroad,” Amy said.

The prestigious scholarship, which supports Honours research abroad at LMU Munich, includes a return Brisbane-Munich economy airfare and insurance (up to $3000 AUD) and a $7000 (AUD) bursary to support living expenses.

LMU is the number one university in Germany and in the top 5 in Europe.

Media: UQ Medicine media, med.media@uq.edu.au, 3365 5133.